Jinan University, the first university of overseas Chinese founded by the state, with the largest foreign student among the country currently, is the national "211 Project" of key comprehensive university. The legal education of Jinan University has started from 1927, which was the Law Department at that time. In 1930, it founded Law School, which was one of the earliest law schools in China. In 2001, the Law School was officially reestablished. In 2004, it founded its Intellectual Property College, which was the first one in South China. In 2011, the Law School and the Intellectual Property College were operating at the same time. The Law School (Intellectual Property College) has shown its new look to the world after over 80 years’ hard journey. And now it has been selected into the national first batch of educational training bases for excellent legal talents, become the national college students practice base outside school, and its discipline of Law has been approved as the preponderant key disciplines in Guangdong Province.
It has two undergraduate majors on Law and Intellectual Property, master degree point in Law, professional degree of Juris Master and doctoral degree point in Law Economy. The doctoral degree points in International Relations and Technology Economy & Management recruit and cultivate doctoral students majoring in International Law, International Relations and Intellectual Property separately. In Law School, there are Law Department and Intellectual Property Department, including the following teaching and research institutes: Civil and Commercial Law Institute, Economic Law Institute, Constitution and Administration Law Institute, Criminal Law Institute, Litigation Institute, Theory of Law Institute, International Law Institute, the Intellectual Property Rights Institute, the Rule of Law in Business Environment Institute, Intellectual Property Rights and the Rule of Law Institute, Internet & E-Commerce Law Institute, Financial Law Institute, Overseas Chinese Affairs Law Institute, the Basic Law of Hong Kong & Macao Institute and so on. The Intellectual Property Rights and the Rule of Law Research Center is the only provincial key research center for social science in the field of intellectual property law. It is also the base of Guangdong Province local legislation research assessment and advisory service, as well as Guangdong Province Intellectual Property Rights training base，which is the important think-tank for the country and local law service. The State Intellectual Property Office, Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council, Guangdong provincial government and Guangzhou government are cooperatively promoting the construction of Guangzhou Intellectual Property Talent Training Base. The Law School has one state-level bilingual demonstration course and over 30 excellent courses at provincial and school level. Its comprehensive strength is ranked in top among domestic law schools.
To achieve the goal of building high-level university, with the university’s “Jinan Double Hundred Talents Plan”, the college is now focusing on the introduction and cultivation of the discipline leading talents, outstanding subject leading talents, top-notch talents and outstanding youth backbone of academic talents who have greater influence in their field at home and abroad. The open recruitment both at home and abroad, implements new principles of the strategy of the focused stimulation, objective assessment and management of the duration of employment.
1. Discipline for the recruitment
Theory of Law, Civil and Commercial Law, Economic Law, Constitution and Administration Law, Criminal Law, Litigation, International Law, especially the new fields such as the Rule of Law in Business Environment, Overseas Chinese Affairs Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Internet & E-Commerce Law, the Basic Law of Hong Kong & Macao, Competition Law and so on.
2. Basic requirements for candidates
1) Leading talent: take honor in Thousand Talent Program, Cheung Kong Scholars Program, National Science Fund for Outstanding Young Scholars program or other equivalent level of academic status, age of 55 and below.
2) Outstanding talent: take honor in Thousand Talents program, National Science Fund for Outstanding Young Scholars Program, Outstanding Young Scholars Program, the Youth of the Yangtze Program, Zhujiang Scholars Program, special branch program of leading talent of Guangdong Province and other equivalent level of academic status, age of 47 and below.
3) Top-notch personnel: selected in the defense and conference assessment of Thousand Talents program, National Science Fund for Outstanding Young Scholars program, Outstanding Young Scholars Program, Zhujiang Scholars Program, or other equivalent level of academic status, age of 40 and below.
4) Outstanding youth backbone of scientific research talents：doctors, post doctors with excellent development potential at home and abroad, having landmark study findings, age of 35 and below.
3. Treatments provided
Jinan University provides selected candidates of "Jinan Double Hundred Talents Plan" with preferential plan in doctoral enrollment, post-doctoral enrollment and research assistant, and favorable living and working conditions and competitive benefits; the call and direct interviews to school are available.
4. Candidate materials
1) A resume
2) Assumed research projects of nearly five years, published papers, the list of award-winning achievements;
3) Copy of Degree Certificates/Diploma, all research projects, awards and patents;
4) The full text of 5 representative papers;
5) Copy of certificate and incumbents certificate of holding an important position in the foreign office or in the domestic one;
6) Work plan after coming to school.
Advertisement for recruitment is effective for a long time. The listed materials are required to provide electronic documentation, to be sent to our office e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
联 系 人：李老师、陈老师
地 址：广州市黄埔大道西601号 暨南大学法学院/知识产权学院
The Law School (Intellectual Property College) home page: http://law.jnu.edu.cn
Contact: Mr. Li, Mr. Chen
Address: The Law School (Intellectual Property College) of Jinan University, No. 601, Huangpu Road West, Guangzhou.
Postal Code: 510632